Thursday, May 2, 2013

Visiting


Face the bumps with a smile.



   I love to visit with people. I like to hear their stories and share mine. I would love to do more of it if I could.  My greatest hindrance is accessibility into people's homes so I often have to have them come to my place.  It works out for the people willing to show up over here but I'd like to just do a drop by visit myself once in a while.
   I even had a job interview in Chicago once where I couldn't get in the building.  I called and had the interview in the van. What would you guess my chances of getting that job were? ha.
  There is one place I can always go without any help and that's to God's throne.  He is always accessible.  My only hindrance is myself.  I just have to take the time to show up for prayer time with Him.  It's true, prayer is the biggest help to others and to me.
   Psalm 61;1-3  ''Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.''

5 comments:

  1. I desire to be a great prayer warrior, but I confess that all too often I am throwing up a visit here and a visit there with the Lord, rather than "Praying without ceasing," keeping a constant visit going on. A convicting post, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, convicting, as so many of them are for me. I love how you take an everyday common occurrence and make it into something so Godly and so meaningful. You have such a special gift of doing that. I am like Gloria. My "want to" is oftentimes preceded by my "will do". I desire to be at His Throne at all times....love you, sweet friend, and always appreciate your encouragement. T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie, Really good one. I am sorry our time there was so short and I didn’t get more time to visit with you. Don’s job is going to be a real hindrance to us being able to come down and visit more or to be able to stay to visit. We are on call 24/7. God has been good to us though and He truly is accessible 24/7. Hope your health continues to stay strong and you can write to me anytime, but I don’t get on the computer every day as my shoulders hurt when I spend much time on it. Lots of love. Aunt Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, it is my prayer that God will give me the strength to drive again after I have my knee surgery and recoup. I want to be able to visit those who cannot come to me, but would enjoy my company for awhile. I love you, my precious sister in Christ. grace, in His grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was thinking today about how God is accessible, it is I that do not seek Him as I should. Glad He loves us enough to draw us to Himself.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete