Often when asked, people will say they want 'peace on earth' for Christmas. That is what Jesus brought to us with His birth. He reconciles us with God as our mediator by paying our debt of sin with His blood on the cross. His peace comes from your faith and submission to His will. Anxiety and frustration replace the feeling of peace when we try to do things our way and not His. Reading your Bible will guide you and get you back on that peaceful track. You can have His peace today, there's no need to wait.
Here are a few truths about His peace that I copied from intouch.org.
- God is in control of everything. Without this assurance, the world is a scary place.
- He loves me and will see me through every circumstance, no matter how difficult or painful it may be.
- To have Christ’s peace, I must surrender my life to Him. When I hold onto my ways and plans, I’ll experience turmoil.
- I have a limited perspective and understanding of my circumstances and God’s purposes for allowing them. His goals for me are greater than my immediate comfort.
- The Lord promises to work all things out for my good. He is continually working to transform my character into Christ’s image.
- I must live in sync with God, walking in the Spirit and promptly confessing and repenting of sin.
- Scripture is my foundation for peace. It increases my trust in the Lord’s goodness, assures me that He keeps His promises, and reminds me of His sovereignty over every situation.