Do you ever feel that the world or your own world is out of control? Do you feel like hope is out of your reach? Or you may have a friend who feels that way and you struggle to find words of comfort for them? We sometimes feel like Job in 6:11, "What strength do I have, that I should still ? What prospects, that I should be patient?"
Jesus never promised a time on this Earth free from trouble but He did promise to be with you all of your days. John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Whatever troubles you are having or will have, we must remember Jesus knows our pain because He suffered just as we do and worse. We need to remind ourselves that all of this pain, suffering, sorrow, violence, injustice, and unrighteous behavior will come to an end when we reach Glory or Jesus returns. Psalm 25:5 is where our hearts should stand firm on, "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my is in you all day long." Psalm 33:20 encourages us to hang on through the short term pain for the long term reward, "We wait in for the ; he is our help and our shield."
This world and it's troubles will all pass away but God is our everlasting hope. Psalm 10: 16-18 "The is King for ever and ever;You, , hear the desire of the afflicted;defending the fatherless and the oppressed,
Therefore one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Let them know you're sorry they are hurting and you mourn with them in their pain.
- Reassure them of your friendship and your availability to listen whenever needed.
- Just be there for them in their state of loneliness.
- Model a life... that shows that God is in control and your life relies on that promise throughout your own hurts and struggles...be the Light for others to see Jesus through.
- Express that we all have questions on this side of heaven and some things we just won't know why.
- Express your faith in God's Word and that you trust in His control over all things...not your own.
"Break Your Heart' video posted below.. [on website, not on email version]