Monday, March 11, 2013
The circle of life is often not pleasant and a harsh lesson in humility. We think 'that' won't happen to me but time is the true revealer. I've heard two stories recently about caregivers dealing with moments that were far from comfortable. So, I thought I'd give a few humbling points.
1. Your body is just like everybody else's, it's your pride that makes you think you're different.
2. Whatever has been an embarrassing moment has happened to someone else before you.
3. Learn from your experiences and next time it will be better.
4. Pride is concerned with who is right, Humility is concerned with what is right.
5. Humility is a fertile soil that grows spiritual fruit.
6. Being kind is often better than being right when helping others.
Humility is a tricky thing, just when you think you've got it is right when you lost it. Be nice and full of mercy when helping others, you never know when you'll be on the receiving end.