Friday, May 3, 2013

Try To....

Photo: Elena Karneeva photo ♥


    Oh, if we could all have this in our daily lives.  Some captions convict me more than others and this one hits home.
    Exodus 10:20  ''But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he would not let the Israelites go.''  We do not want to be arrogant and say we will follow the Lord's will and then turn back to our self desires.  Are we repeat offenders like Pharoah?  I think often so and then we have to deal with the consequences.  May our hearts never harden so that we can't hear God's voice in our ear and ignore His will.
    Okay, here is the hardest of the three to me.  I don't really have a short temper but often too quick of a reaction.  I try to remember how patient God is with me, when I'm about to blow a fuse but it's not a no-fail system.  May we always give more grace than is needed.
    I watched a movie the other day where the guy was in big trouble with his job and said he said, 'I just hafta hit something.... so he hit the chair.'  We should never take our anger out on anyone physically or emotionally.  May your touch be soft as a feather and we will never cause harm.

7 comments:

  1. OKAY, just tell me what I have done wrong this time. This blog is for me. I was following an 18 wheeler tonight and as I got almost on his bumper he has a sign that said " do you follow Jesus this close?" Of course I don't I am guilty of all three of the above, I need to be more like the little boy in the caption. Love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll plead the fifth on this one... :) Seriously, I can also react too quickly. Just ask Phil, David, my dog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, your insight and willingness to see yourself and then share that self with the rest of us is a blessing indeed. And sometimes you hit where it hurts. But the pain of humility is a good pain, because with it comes grace. Thankfully, our Lord, while resisting the proud, still He gives grace to the humble. You are yet my role model, dear friend. Thanks for the example of living and learning. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to plead guilty too. Of course we all are guilty and that is why we need His grace and forgiveness so much as well as forgiveness from any offended party. My problem is a have to learn things sometimes the hard way over and over again but I know the Lord always is there for me and also there for anyone else who asks Him into their life. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking today that I don't want my heart to become hard...sometimes when my sins are so many that I can't see it's easy to develop a hard heart because the alternative is facing up to what I am, what I've done, and the consequences. May the Lord give us all the strength to give our past, present and future over to Him, and respond in the right way. Thanks for the good words.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I so fail in all three areas at times! You just keep on convicting me, my friend. I think the middle one is worse for me, but I definitely fall short with the other two also. So thankful for His mercy and grace...and forgiveness. Where would we be without it? Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete