As Christians, we must accept the leaders that represent us in government. God has allowed them to have authority in their position. We can, however, pray for them.
President Obama claims with his mouth to be a Christian but yet his actions speak otherwise. I'll let God be the judge of that because He knows the heart.
I hear it often said 'We need to pray for our President and leaders.' I also know we are to be specific in our prayers. I found the following list on how to pray for the President on intouch.org. I hope our prayers speak louder than our votes.
1. Realize his personal sinfulness and daily need of God’s cleansing power.
2. Recognize his personal inadequacy for the task and therefore depend upon the Lord.
3. Reject all counsel that violates spiritual principles and then trust the Lord to validate him.
4. Resist pressure from individuals or special interest groups that would have him act in violation of his conscience or godly principles.
5. Work at reversing our country’s trends toward socialism and humanism, both of which dethrone the Lord and deify man.
6. Be ready to forsake his political career and personal ambition for the best interest of the nation.
7. Rely upon the Word of God as his source of strength and key to success.
8. Bring dignity, honor, trustworthiness, and righteousness to the office of the presidency.
9. Be a good example, especially to the fathers and sons of the nation.
10. Be reminded daily that he is accountable to Almighty God for his attitudes, actions, and motivations while in office.