Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Cactus Flower Bike




     This is my 35 year old cactus flower bike. I think I've been on wheels since before I can remember.  I rode this one from age 6 to 14 or so.  It used to have one of those tall orange flags tied to the back so that people could see me better.  I think a bike is one of our very first experiences with independence.  I loved this bike and it has held up pretty well.  An advantage of being an only child is that we kept alot of my childhood memory items.
     I asked my dad to spruce up my old bike so that the kids that visit over here can enjoy fun rides, like I once did.  Joy comes from sharing our possessions with others.  Whether old or new, pay it forward in some way and you'll be blessed as well.

6 comments:

  1. It was fun to spruce up your old bike as it has been hanging in the garage for years. I was totally suprise the tires held air when I inflated them, add a little grease, oil, mean green and water and "presto" looks great for a 35 year old. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings back some memories alright. Good for you to want to share it now. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! You are always thinking of others. Bet a lot of kids will get a kick out of riding that bike. And, I love old stuff....it looks wonderful. You dad did a great job, as usual. Love, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful bike Angi. And it's so sweet of you to share with the kids. LOVE. Maru

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that same bike!! It looks amazing. I so wish I had mine to give to my daughter. Lots of memories with my old Cactus Flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved my Cactus Flower. If you'd ever consider selling it, would love to have it for my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete