Friday, May 10, 2013

It's All For Good














   Oh, how we only want to see the good times and shut our eyes to the bad times.  They both work together for our good.  Either way, they revive something inside of us that we've overlooked or taken for granted.
  'Like a plant that starts up in showers and sunshine and does not know which has best helped it to grow, it is difficult to say whether the hard things or the pleasant things did me the most good.'
  My friend said that although she hates that I've been sick all week, that she thinks my blog writings have been better.  Yes, my down week has provided me with more time for food for thought.  Isn't that where God wants our minds to be....on Him, not the world.  'Be still and know that I'm your God' takes alot of patience and surrendering.  Knowing 'this too shall pass' keeps you in the race and pushes you to the finish line.
   The hardships of today point us to our need for a Savior and the good times remind us of our Provider.  'All things work together for good for those who love the Lord.'  Be thankful in all circumstances for the purpose may go unseen to you but it is still there being fulfilled.

5 comments:

  1. You are right my sweet friend. Our goal is our Savior Jesucrist.maru

    ReplyDelete
  2. In retrospect, it really is hard to say which has done you the most good - the hard places or the easy ones. As I read your blog, I thought about how I struggled off and on for years over something I just didn't like. Just now I'm beginning to realize that when I was willing, God revealed Himself in a deeper way to me. And when I was unwilling, Bitterness did the same thing. I guess pushing up through the dirt, enduring the glare of the sun, getting drenched with the rain - sometimes it's just hard to believe all that can produce beauty and joy. Yet I see the truth of it in your life for sure. Keep pressing up toward the sun, my friend. You are getting more beautiful by the day. Someday we are going to shine like the stars in the Heavens. At least I know you will! I may just be a Heavenly lightenin' bug. But that's okay! I love lightin' bugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love Cathie's response! What more can be said? You are indeed a light shining in a dark place, and I call it a privilege to be inspired and challenged by your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best songs are written when in despair or when struggling with issues in life. It's not about always walking in the sunshine...it's about learning how to dance in the rain. If it weren't for the valleys, how could we appreciate the mountains? Love Cathie's last few sentences! Yes, you are a bright star in my life even now! What an inspiration you are! And I love lightnin' bugs too, if that is as far as I get! Keep on shining, my friend....love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought about this recent Jesus Calling after I commented...it relates so well that I decided to add it too....
    "Thank Me for your problems. As soon as your mind gets engaged on a difficulty, bring it to Me with thanksgiving. Then ask Me to show you My way to handle the situation. The very act of thanking Me releases your mind from its negative focus. As you turn your attention to Me, the problem fades in significance and loses its power to trip you up. Together we can deal with the situation, either facing it head-on or putting it aside for later consideration. Most of the situations that entangle your mind are not today's concerns; you have borrowed them from tomorrow. In this case, I lift the problem out of today and deposit it in the future, where it is veiled from your eyes. In its place I give you My peace, which flows freely from My Presence." Philippians 4:6; John 14:27 (Jesus Calling)

    ReplyDelete