Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's a God Thing










 
     God often leads us to places and information for future use because He knows where our life road leads to before we do.
     When I was about 13, my mom took me to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.  People from all over the world go there for expert medical advice and research.  I was the prime candidate to send for help with our hereditary neuromuscular disease, CMT.  As they ran different diagnostic tests, they also gave advice for my future needs.  'It was a God thing' that they told me about the postural drainage method of coughing.  It is a way of positioning yourself on your belly on the bed and letting your shoulders and arms hang off the end of the bed.  The key is letting gravity do the work that the muscles can't.  So back then, it was info to be filed away in my memory file.  Yet, over the past 15-plus years, it has been life-saving info that is rarely spoken of by respiratory therapists.  I'm often the show-n-tell show when I'm in the hospital to demonstrate their textbook knowledge.
     The Bible is our place of information given to us that foretells what the future holds.  Are you using that resource to prepare for your destiny or is it just filed away for that emergency moment of need?  'When you know better, you do better.'

.

3 comments:

  1. At our last tea party, I encouraged the granddaughters to hide God's Word in their hearts--that the day may come when they have no Bible available and desperately desire to hear the Word. If it's tucked away in the heart and mind, as your info from your doctor was, then when it is needed it will be there, ready and available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this today....love it:
    "Stress makes you think everything has to happen right now. Faith assures you that everything will happen in God's timing."

    So thankful that we have His Word to hold tightly to. Like Gloria said, that may not always be the case. If we have it hidden in our hearts, no one can ever take it away from us. So many times, God will bring to mind or show me in His Word just what I need for THAT DAY, THAT MOMENT....not a day or a moment before I need it. Or He gives it to me in advance, knowing that someday I will need to claim it more than ever. That's what God does....supplies all our needs....in His timing, not ours. Thank you, sweet friend....hope you are feeling better. Love, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, you are an inspiration to us all. Aunt Robbie

    ReplyDelete