Sunday, February 24, 2013

3 Important Bones


I love this and I love Reba -


     There are 206 bones in the human body.  They all bear weight, make you stable and give your body it's form.  Reba lists three other bones that are just as essential to success in our lives.
      The wishbone.  We need hope in our lives.  We need something to strive for in the race of life.  'The reason the damned in hell cease acting toward an alteration of their state; despair has taken hold of them.'  When our wishes are conveyed through sincere prayers, they are more likely to come true.
      The backbone.  You have to stand up for yourself.  Your rights, your respect due to you and your beliefs.  Wishy washy is not an option with success. You either get in the game or get on the bench.  As I am often a patient in the healthcare system, I know standing up for what will or will not work for me puts my stubborn backbone to the test.
     The funnybone.  Life is not as serious when you can laugh at yourself.  A sense of humor is one of the most desired characteristics in a person.  A cheerful soul brings joy to others.  Laughter is one of the best medicines so  live, love, and laugh often.
     Enjoy success with these three bones that give hope, convictions and joy in this fallen world.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish everyone in the world knew my friend Alicia. She and her husband have gone through tragedies that would have done most people in, but her wishbone, her backbone, and especially her FUNNYBONE have carried her and those around her through each trial. Seems if we can't pull the gumption from within us, then we need to surround ourselves by those who can. That's one reason of many that I love you, Angie. You lift my arms when they want to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are three strong bones in your body, as I know well.
    Well said. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Reba....and LOVE these three bones! After all, a country music singer has to know what they are talking about, right? My motto, as you know, is "If you can't sing, make 'em laugh!" So glad I got my Daddy's "funnybone"...maybe I need to travel Arkansas with my Patsy Cline act so I could increase our ratings in happiness!! Love that Reba identifies the wishbone with hope....without it, where would we be. And the backbone...so important too...another country music singer (Aaron Tippen) used to sing, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." So true....we need 'em all. Love you, my friend....keep hoping, keep standing (you stand taller than most people I know), and keep laughing. T.

    ReplyDelete