Monday, February 25, 2013

Waiting


.



    Who can't relate to this?  Hurry up is what's on everyone's mind.  Are we mindful of others when it's our turn?  I think some people think the handicapped stall is the upgraded area for all to use.  I'm here to say 'it is not'.  When there is a 5 to 1 ratio of regular stalls to an accessible one, you better wait for one of the five.  I am not very patient when I've had to wait on a person that could have used any of the other stalls and this one is my only option.   Your big purse, your tight space phobia, nor it being a phone booth makes you eligible as handicapped.
     'Patience is the companion of wisdom.'  Is it wise to lose our patience?  Not usually.  Our attitude during the wait is what the world sees in us most.  'The meek will inherit the earth' so we must humble ourselves.  Time will not wait for anyone but we must wait for the right timing in the impatient moments.

6 comments:

  1. As I have said many times you got all of my patience as I don't have any left, and if its a companion of wisdom...well I guess you got that too. I have never seen two dogs line up to use a tree. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the handicapped stall. I have even seen nursing Mothers use them and sometimes they even have the changing table in them! I also see people in handicapped parking spaces sitting in the car in the drivers seat waiting on someone! ??? They could drive back up to pick the person up. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay! No more handicapped stalls--unless no one else is in the bathroom. Just kidding! Good thought for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wayne's comment of Two dogs lining up to use a tree is classic. I have been guilty of this and will strive to not ever do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, you got me with the message on the pic. I can wait all day....just not always with a good attitude. I must say I have almost never (my mother taught me to never say never!) used a handicapped stall and almost never parked in a handicapped parking space (except when we legally did it with a tag when J had his knee surgery). Still many times I would let him out at the door and then go park in a regular space so as not to take up a handicapped spot. Plus, I really need the exercise and am thankful I am able to walk!! Now, if I can just get better at being patient with a good attitude. How do you do it, Angie? Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete