Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Way Back Wednesday--- My Mobile Phone

















       This was my mobile phone way back when.  Yes, I had many conversations on it.  They were probably more important than some of those I hear now days, ha.
        Now I don't talk on the phone at all.  I say if you want to talk to me directly, send me an email or chat message.  Conversations are important, as we are meant to be social beings.  Sometimes it just lets us get things off our minds, it gives encouragement or just a listening ear.  It also helps keep us accountable.  'Ultimately the bond of all companionship is conversation.'
        'The real art to conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time but also to leave the wrong thing unsaid at the tempting moment.'  If that hit you with a punch, it did me too. [sigh]  We can't just blurt out what first may come thru our minds, filter it first.
       We also have to be careful with the conversations we have with ourselves.  We can convince ourselves of doing things thru our point of view and disregard the truth.  Manipulation works on others as well as ourselves.  Talking ourselves out of doing a good deed thru excuses is a prime example.
       May all your conversations be worthy of listening to.

8 comments:

  1. Almost always when I write a note or post, I proofread it and may change the wording several times before I hit that send, post or share button. If only I would/could do that with the words that come out of my mouth. You are so right, we need a filter way back there before the words get past our lips! Great post, as usual, sweet friend! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like my first cell phone.. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is true - self talk is important and we can manipulate ourselves -I just never thought of it that way. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one of my favorite pictures. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think before you speak! I often have to tell myself this. And even then I am remiss at times. The tongue is an uncontrollable evil, set on fire by hell itself. Thank God for the shed blood of the Lord Jesus and for His grace and mercy. Otherwise I would be doomed. Thanks for the gentle reminder, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. something I really need to make progress in. A word which hurts is so quickly said but then you can't retract it!!!
    Love
    Ferdine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were ahead of your times with the mobile phone, I did not get my mobile phone until 1995, love the picture. As my Aunt Jessie said "make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them". There is a lot of good advise out there about controlling the tongue, however it is a daily struggle, especially when people do not see the world as I do. Dad

    ReplyDelete