Thursday, October 4, 2012

Disappointments



.



     We have all had our share of disappointments in life.  We have not only been let down by others but by ourselves as well.  I was having a bad day awhile back and my friend said, that's the trifecta of disappointments.  When things don't go our way or how we think it should, we are left feeling dissatisfied.
     Sometimes we anticipate disappointment because we doubt God's will to be what we want.  I've considered buying some burlap from a friend to make a dress out of for Nov. 7th...lol.  Seriously tho, we must trust and obey for there's no other way.  ''And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.''  Romans 8;28
      A couple of months ago, I felt like God was lining my ducks in a row for some bad, lonely days ahead.  As I tried to be patient, live life and have faith my world turned around to be so much better than it was.
     So remember just because you can't see the days ahead, God has them planned and provided for.

6 comments:

  1. You are my encouragement, my precious, precious friend. I know you didn't write that just for me, but God allowed you to write that--just for me! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good, encouraging word which we can all use. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. God must have a real sense of humor, as He gives us things, or opportunities and later replaces them with something better. However while we are patiently waiting (?) He allows us to get stressed out, and He must laugh at us in this state of stress to see how we react. Can't you just see Him, like dangling candy in front of a kid, and saying I told you "all things work for the good of those trust in Him".
    Don't fret over the small stuff. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. So true....I had a trying day today and wish I'd faced it with a little more patience and trust in His perfect plan...good thing He uses those moments to teach us where we are so that next time by His grace we can see those trials as opportunities.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly....just when we think things can't get any better, they do!!! We must remember Jeremiah 29:11....He knows our plans, we don't! We only make them (ha ha) but He carries them out...and not always the ones we make either!!! Love your encouraging words, Angie...they always come at just the right time....hey, bet that is God's plan! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Angie. What a good word this is for the day. Love, grace

    ReplyDelete