Monday, October 8, 2012

Make A Wish?


dandelion



     Have you ever made a dandelion wish?  Did you blow with all your might to blow all the fuzzy stuff off to ensure it would come true?  What you wish for says alot about you.  Are your wishes for others or for yourself?  Are they worldly or for spiritual gain?  Well you most likely did this as a kid so the wish was probably near sighted and personal.  How about our adult wishes through prayer tho?
     A friend asked me this weekend, 'if you were able to, would you go out now and use a chainsaw?'  I quickly said, 'No, these hands weren't made for a chainsaw.'  If I were to wish for my hands to do something, it would probably be to write again.  I used to have very good penmanship but it faded along with my grip.  I didn't realize how much we use a pen in every day life until my ability to do so was gone.  So I've traded my pen in for a keyboard and it seems to be more worthwhile, but I do still wish I had both.
     Nothing is too big or too small for you to ask for in prayer because God has the whole world in His hands.

4 comments:

  1. And my prayer for you, if God sees fit, is to bring healing to your hands and your body, although I don't know if it would be possible for you to have any greater ministry with a whole body than you have right now, Angie. My greater prayer is that He will increase you more and more in grace and in the knowledge of God, so that you may not cease to bring joy and exhortation to others. And my prayer for others is that they will somehow come to your blog and have the privilege of being encouraged day by day. Your life, just as you are, is a great, great encouragement to me and to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria said it beautifully, as she always does. You may be an even better example and inspiration BECAUSE of your incapacities. You are lacking nothing in the heart and mind! I used to blow out of my birthday candles as a child or pull on a chicken wishbone, and I am sure I had very selfish wishes. I hope God has broadened my horizons now and made me more aware of wishing, i.e, praying for others. We can use ANYTHING we have, whether it is sufficient or deficient to praise Him and give Him glory....and to serve others. He is all we need. Love you, my sweet beautiful friend. Love you muchly, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I wouldn't go out and use a chainsaw either. I am smarter than that!! T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that's that and a page of your diary every day since I got back to Rome and most of the time, I get something really good out of it. Say hello to your parents.
    randy

    ReplyDelete