Saturday, October 6, 2012

Brr.. it's cold

Smart puppy.


    Yes I am cold and not adjusting to the cold snap very well.  It always hits like a slap in the face to me while others accept it like a long awaited hug.  This dog in the caption and I are on the same wavelength.  He buries himself in shredded cotton while I bury myself in my electric blanket on high.  Yes, I know in January I'll be wishing it was 47 degrees but I need an adjustment period to adapt to these temperatures.
     We all have to get used to new norms in life and it does take time.  Surround yourself with those that love you and your heart will stay warm.  God never leaves us out in the cold but is a shelter in the time of storms.

5 comments:

  1. I have to have adjustment time too. 47 degrees seems pretty cold to me right now and January is a long way off... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this keeps up I may put on a long sleeve shirt. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr......this is plenty cold enough for the dead of winter for me. Yes, adjustments must come in increments. And time does heal, even our bodies as they adjust to the heat. As for others, Praise God that He is our Great Healer. I love you, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those up and down "temps" do take some time of adjustment. So, so thankful God gave us our wonderful friends to help us along the changes in life. Friends like you, who encourage and inspire me!! I am liking this little change for now, but how quickly we will want something different. Isn't that just the way we are?! Lord, help us to be content in all circumstances....the hot, the cold, etc., being assured that He is in control of the "weather". Thank you, Angie, for another great post. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I froze today...but a few extra layers helped. New norms...yep, trying to get used to one now.

    ReplyDelete