Thursday, September 6, 2012

Don't Bite


!!!!



     Hmm, this caption states a simple fact and yet it's so hard to follow.  Do you often see the dangling opportunity to say more than you should?  It is hard not to let it just pass by without just a little nibble.  Sometimes those nibbles lead us to running with the whole kit n kaboodle.
    Thinking about what we are going to say should come first, not second to saying it.  We do not have to share everything we think we know on a subject.  Choose what is pertinent, beneficial and to the point.
    I've often wondered how many times my soft voice or lack of breath has kept me from trouble.  It is probably too high to count, ha.  It does give me more pause before I speak because I consider whether it's worth it.
    Are you going to fall for the hook, line and sinker of destructive outbursts?  Is the bait of juicy gossip going to lure you in?  Instead, let life's current lead you to a feeding place of fellowship with others on the Daily Bread.

6 comments:

  1. Is it an accident that we have TWO ears and only one mouth? I am amazed at people who can start talking about something before I have finished my thought or question. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Angie....wish I'd follow this advice more often.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sister! What a great perspective you have on this. Guess the Lord gave you a built-in filter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My art teacher says” If it’s not nice, If its not true, If it’s not necessary, keep it to yourself. and a friend tells about his boss telling him “Taste your words before you spit them out.”
    All good information but so often I get myself in trouble just because of one big mouth.
    robbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be awesome if we would be fishers of men? Now there's a fish needing to get the bait! And our words would be good ones. Thanks for the painful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how we need to control that little tongue! And I must really need it, because God just keeps sending me messages to do so!! Someone said something to me this weekend that really hurt my feelings. That person did not realize how hurtful her words were. It truly made me stop and think (and wonder) how many times I have said something ugly or uncaring to someone. I pray my words will be seasoned with love and sweet phrases, yet to be truthful and encouraging. Thank you, once again, for reminding me how important our speech is...love you, T.

    ReplyDelete