Monday, August 13, 2012

Opportunities





    Did you pass on an opportune moment today or did you make the most of it?  Each day we are nudged by God to bless someone else with what we are able to give.  If we would take a moment to think about the hardship of another and act upon it, then the blessing is not just given but received.
    There are opportunities everywhere to be an example to others.  Taking cupcakes to my doctor's office today shows them that I appreciate what they do for me.  It's a little way to say 'thank you for doing more than just your job.'
     I cannot cook anymore but I can afford to buy a meal.  An older couple I know that have served in the church for many years are struggling themselves to stay at home themselves.  They are often overlooked and are not in the spotlight.  Taking them a meal today not only helps them nutritionally but lets them know they are loved and not forgotten.
     I don't write this to boast about my efforts but just to show we can all serve others in some way.  Showing God's love is an endless blessing to be poured out by each of us.

5 comments:

  1. This is so good, Angie. I had a rude awakening last weekend with our BTC projects. What is sad is that I had to have someone "nudge" me. I firmly believe it was the Holy Spirit. Even though visiting the homebound was not my assigned project, I was inspired to go see two couples (who live within blocks of me, why haven't I been over there on a regular basis??) who are members of our church but pretty much homebound now. What a blessing it was to me. I made a goal to visit them regularly and take them an occasional meal. You have had a wonderful role model at visiting those who are "shut-in" by your sweet mother. She is so faithful to go see them. Yesterday when we had our birthday party/cancer survivor celebration, each scavenger hunt team was given $5 to bless someone as part of our assignment. What fun that was!! We need to determine what we can do...financially, physically, etc....and be a blessing every day to someone. You are a wonderful blessing to me...love you, Twylia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to trade my spoon in for a bucket, I miss so many opportunities each day. You are a great example of kindness. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder Angie!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I never fail to be inspired by the wonderful way that you get across very vital points. I am so often convicted by the lack of using my "opportune moments" in my life. Life seems to whizz by so fast that I forget that others are much more in need of a gentle hand than I am for time for myself. Thank you, as always, for allowing the Holy Spirit to use you to convict and plead in the lives of others--especially mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a real good one. I hope you have a great day walking hand in hand with the Lord. Randy

    ReplyDelete