Monday, April 23, 2012

Rest

So true!


     Well, this is me often enough.  Some people think I rest too much but I'll be the judge of that.  Our bodies require rest whether we give it or not.  I know the last year I worked, my body kept telling me ''that's all I can do, rest!''  I used up more sick leave than ever just because I was pushing myself too hard and ended up sick.
     Gatorade now even has a sports drink called Recover.  They recognize the fact that your body needs to be restored after pushing it in strenuous activity.  Nothing runs without being recharged, not even a battery.
     Even though we've come up with a lighted way to work around the darkness of night, I think nightime is God's way of directing us to rest.  He also declared the Sabbath as a day to rest.  He who is all powerful, even rested.  Genesis 2:3  ''Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.''
      All I can say is 'Rest is best and I do not say that in jest.'

6 comments:

  1. Amen! I wish someone would tell my body that when it wakes up all hours of the night! God says He gives His beloved sleep, and for that I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angie. I didn't get around to reading this one until today (Tuesday) and it is very timely as I feel well enough to be doing some things but not enough energy to do all that I feel needs doing. (Virus). So, once again, God has used your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some rest right now!! Just finished jogging...I think i need food too :) I like your saying. I may have to use that on the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE REST!!! So thankful God gave it to us and commands us to do it! Love those little power naps in the afternoon....sometimes my 15-minute power naps turn into an hour...but that is okay. Maybe that is because my body needs it. There is something so soothing about drifting off to sleep while praising my Lord and Savior. Thank you, God, for rest, sweet rest. Love your little ditty at the end...so YOU! Have a wonderful, restful day...and night. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An eighty year old friend of mine once commented, " All my life I've been hurrying to get somewhere; now that I've got there all that's left for me is to wait." That's a great perspective on rest. Hope to see you tonight at church. Joel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want that kitty!!!
    grace

    ReplyDelete