Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jellybean Prayer

Jelly Bean Prayer


      You've probably considered your ability to see as a gift from God but did you consider the colors as a gift too?  I watched a video the other day where black n white pictures were transformed by colors.  How much more profound and beautiful they became. What an artist God is with his paintbrush.
      Jellybeans are a favorite springtime candy.  I usually think more about the flavors than the colors.  My favorite are cinnamon and buttered popcorn flavors.
      I thought this jellybean prayer was rather insightful.  A whole new way to look at jellybeans.  If we could see everything as a gift from God in some form, I think we'd be a more thankful and grateful society to Him...as we should be.

6 comments:

  1. I could not get any jelly beans out of this jar, I am going to get my own. And I will think about this blog when I eat them. Thanks for your insight. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about someone who would light up with a smile when they saw a really pretty bird and say, "Look what God sent our way." I take a lot for granted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thankfulness is a quality I have in such short supply....Need to train myself to see all His gifts for what they are..Mary

      Delete
  3. So true, Angie. At first read this poem might seem a little silly, maybe, but what insight to give God glory for EVERYTHING. I shall try to look at everything today in light of the God who allows us to enjoy it all. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fun way to thank God for all He made. It reminds me of a song we sing at church....the Crayon Song, or something like that. Ask Phil about it. Buttered popcorn is my favorite jelly Belly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this little poem before, and I love it. I think someone gave it to me in an Easter basket one time years ago. We do take a lot of granted. I remember the first time I saw the ocean (James and I were married) and I was just overcome by the magnificence of God and His creation. The fall leaves are another time that I just am amazed at His beauty. But many little things slip right past us, and we tend to not see God's hand there. Thank you for the reminder to do so....you are always "right on"....love you, T.

    ReplyDelete