Friday, March 23, 2012

Make It Real

:)


       This caption reminds me of the people who have 682 friends listed on Facebook.. or more.  Really?  I think it was Dale Carnegie who said if you can name 5 friends on one hand, you have a lot.  Sure we all have people we know or can at least call an acquaintance but that's no equivalent to a friend.  A friend knows the good and the bad about you, the highs and the lows of your moods, and is a help to you without even being asked.  That's what a 'real' friend is.
        I can say I am truly blessed with a couple of handfuls of real friends.  I am thankful to have 3 of them visiting today.  They know the dirt and the hurt that has hit me but also have shared the spotlights of great moments in my life.  I am thankful for friends that never end.
       
''The greatest sweetener of human life is Friendship. To raise this to the highest pitch of enjoyment, is a secret which but few discover.''

5 comments:

  1. It's true. I don't even think I could find 500 names to add on FB unless I started going through the phone book... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I do hope that I am on one of those fingers or toes. You are truly one of those rare people, Angie, who can have more than 5 true friends, because you are one yourself. I love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I count you as a real friend. grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. So blessed to count you as my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am so thankful you are my true friend. I have found out in my times of need who my real friends are, and I am so very thankful for them. One of those gave me a little plaque one time that stated, "A real friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you just the same." So true. Love you, real friend....T.

    ReplyDelete