Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do You Know Me?















     Have you ever felt like Cookie Monster when he was given crackers?  Or you might have been on the giving side, just trying to be helpful and got the rash rejection?
     Every time we go to Pig n Chik to eat catfish, someone will ask me if I want tartar sauce.  Have I ever?  No, not so far in this lifetime.  I'm not saying it's a big deal but I can relate to this caption.
     Do you think God ever thinks that of us?  I would bet He does when we do things that are not what He wants from us.  How many times does He have to tell us 'no' on the same sinful thing?  
     The rashest rejection is the one for unbelievers at the Judgement Seat one day.  God will say 'I never knew you' before sending you to an eternity separated from Him.
     We would be wise to get to know Him better each day thru The Word and learn what He wants from us.  May our acts in this life never cause Him to say 'It's like you don't even know Me.'


Don’t listen to the Word of God
And then ignore what you have heard;
Instead obey God’s will for you—
Be doers of the Word. —Sper

6 comments:

  1. Luke 6;46-49
    “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for those who come to me and hear my words and put them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But those who hear my words and do not put them into practice are like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good, Angie. What an awful thought....to have God tell us He never knew us. And how dedicated are we to know Him better? I pray I will ever thirst and hunger after Him....that I will never feel that I am complete without His presence with me everyday. May I have a stronger desire to seek Him in all things. And why do I ever want to do anything but His will? Yet, I find myself seeking after Twylia's interests far too often. Thank you, once again, for this great message. So good to see you face to face today....loved our visit. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great reminder Angie....Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Studying the James workbook (Beth Moore) at church and it really hits on not just having faith but also doing what He says. One thing that really hit me was the verse, "You believe God is one. You do well. The demons also believe and shudder." So I think he's saying, if your belief doesn't ever move you to obey, then you've got a problem. But I'm only on lesson 4... still plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Angie, and thank you for the words of encouragement to those who may not know you. There is no more important thing in life than to have a secure relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie that was really a great thought. Are you ok today? I'm praying for you this morning. Joel

    ReplyDelete