Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Way Back Wednesday-- Washed

Shower



     Well, this picture of me in the hot tub is the closest picture I could come up with to relate to the topic.  The caption is more the focus.
      I LOVE a hot shower.  I like the water to be just a tad below causing a 3rd degree burn..lol.  When I was younger, my shower had at least a foot high stepup to get into it.  I hated it because it always scared me.  I had to use the towel bracket to hoist myself in there and cling to as I got out.  I could easily stay in there until the hot water tank was empty.  As the caption suggests, the shower is a quiet, soothing place to think.  I miss that quiet time now that I have to have help and feel rushed.  The best bathroom I've ever been in was in the hotel in Cancun, MX.  It was huge and I suspect they had a huge hot water supply.  As you might have gathered, I'm not into water conservation..lol.
     The most important cleansing is to be washed by the blood of the Lamb.  Are your garmets spotless and white as snow that have been stained with sin?  The only soul-cleansing thing is the blood of Jesus.  I'm so glad we can turn to Him for mercy and grace without animal or other ritual sacrifices.  The shedding of blood has always been required to cover our sins, but Jesus' death and His blood covered once and for all.
      I encourage you today, to go get washed up with His soul-cleansing power.

      No one sings it better than Alan Jackson... click to listen here.. http://youtu.be/R52heyok9Ps

2 comments:

  1. Great post. We just had our plumbing replaced - my husband did it over a period of 2 months - before that we had bad water pressure and then the water heater broke...long story short -we now have hot water and terrific pressure - I have been enjoying very hot showers of late :)
    And I agree completely - THE most important thing is to have a relationship with Jesus,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washed by His blood and baptized when I was 12 years old...a long time ago....so thankful for the cleansing power of Jesus. The most important cleansing we will ever have! I got a quick shower yesterday when my pullout kitchen hose came "undone" and it sprayed me quite liberally in the face and all over the front of my blouse. Jama and all the kids were here and witnessed it...they thought it was hilarious that "Granny got drowned unexpectedly"! We did have quite a laugh over it and then quite a cleanup too, as a lot of the water went onto the floor. Love a hot bath....and, like you, REALLY hot!! Have fun in Canton! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete