Thursday, January 12, 2012

Prom


     This is my prom picture from May 1989.  I can tell you this was not an easy road to get here but certainly worth it.  Every girl should feel like Cinderella at least one day in her life.  I did.
     As most teenage girls do, I searched teen magazines looking for the type of dress I wanted.  My mom and I went to Conway one day looking for a dress.  Well we went into this little shop and there it was, 'the dress.'  It had a ridiculous price tag on it so I said 'let me just try it on for fun.'  Well that's all it took, my mom was sold on it.  
     So now I have the boyfriend and the dress, I'm all set for prom or so I thought.  About a month before the big day, I came home from school with a fever.  It quickly got worse with each hour that passed.  My parents took me to the ER where I was admitted with my first ever episode of pneumonia.  They drained A LOT of fluid off my lungs and started me on IV antibiotics.  I was in the hospital about 5 days.  I can't remember how much school I missed but I think 2-3 weeks.  So would I be well enough and strong enough to go to prom?  You can bet your bottom dollar on it.  It wasn't even a question in my mind.
     We had dinner at Steak n Ale and then the prom was at Holiday Inn in W. Little Rock.  Even tho I thought I'd win but didn't, I felt like the prom queen that night.
      As my friend Twylia says "He didn't promise us an easy life...He promised us help to live it."

8 comments:

  1. You are beautiful! Love the dress!! Emma wants to know if you still have it - she wants to wear it to the princess party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WERE the prom queen....they just didn't know it! How BEAUTIFUL you are and how GORGEOUS is that dress! I am sure it was worth every penny for the sweet memories it continues to bring back even now. You are one of the most persevering people I know, Angie. You run every race....you fight every fight....all for your good and His glory...even though I know it must be so very difficult at times. Thanks so much for the "convicting break" this week...although I always need it! Enjoying your old pics and old memories so very much. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hardly know what more to say than what Twylia and Charity have already said. Indeed, you were and are beautiful-inside and out. I can think of no one with rarer beauty than I see in you, Angie. The beauty of a gentle and quiet (forced maybe, but quiet:) spirit, the kind of beauty that never fades is what I see in you. And the dress--Oh, my, what a dress! Thanks for sharing with us. It is such a delight to go back with you in time and see who you were and who you have become.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, AWESOME!, is all I can think of to say!!! You were & are beautiful inside & out!!! You're the only queen I've ever had the privilege to know. I am blessed to have you for a dear friend. <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,
    You were and still are beautiful. I could see God working everything out for you for this prom. It was an exciting time for you and I both to find "the dress". Even though now it doesn't seem like it was all that expensive, back then it did but we both thought it was perfect and I am so glad we got it and you got to go to the prom. Actually I think the prom helped you get well--you had such determination to go. I still remember it was a scary time for us when you got so sick so quickly--but again God provided.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie! I love seeing this picture and hearing about your prom. It is and you are beautiful! Love you! I wish I read these posts everyday!! Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, this is soo pretty, you look like a Southern Belle! You inspire me so much with your relationship with Christ, praying for you!

    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. i think cameras worked alot better back then. lol

    ReplyDelete