Friday, January 13, 2012

The Future Was Ahead

Isaiah 40;28-31
''Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.''


     Do we really want to know the future?  Wouldn't it steal the joy of the present?  I think so.  To trust in the Lord is all we need to know that our future is secure in His hands.
     This picture is out at my grandparent's place out in the country when I'm about 8 years old.  My cousin, Melissa, and I used to pick blackberries around this rock. I had already fought a few battles by this age but God had already proven to give His strength and power thru me.  He has been with me every step so I will not fear the unknown future.  My strength is renewed each day by my hope in the Lord until my race is finished and He calls me home.

7 comments:

  1. Who knew you were going to be such a fighter, you look so sweet in this picture.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were such an adorable little girl, Angie....and now a beautiful woman! This is a great message, and it so correlates to my January 9 daily devotional from Jesus Calling. "Let me prepare you for the day that stretches out before you. I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only vague ideas about it. You would like to see a map, showing all the twists and turns of your journey. You'd feel more prepared if you could somehow visualize what is on the road ahead. However, there is a better way to be prepared for whatever you will encounter today: Spend quality time with me. I will not show you what is on the road ahead, but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey. My living Presence is your Companion each step of the way. Stay in continual communication with Me, whispering My Name whenever you need to redirect your thoughts. Thus, you can walk through this day with your focus on Me. My abiding Presence is the best road map available." Isn't that so good? Loved it....and love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, that devo was from January 12....no wonder it is still fresh on my mind! If it had been the 9th, I would not have been able to remember back that far! Love, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite Bible verses--I have it on the refrigerator. I agree with Cathie--beautifully said. We are all weak; some just have not recognized it. Who better to trust for our strength in all things than the one who created us and is all powerful.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one courageous woman, Angie. Grand things come in small packages. There have been so many times that your example of trusting The Lord has encouraged me to persevere. In reading this, again you have inspired me to move forward. I know that God brought me to the computer tonight. Thank you for your message, Sweet Friend. Love always, Nell

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. This picture of you is about my all time favorite! You're just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete