Thursday, April 20, 2017

God Made Them All




"Maker of Heaven and Earth"

All things bright and beautiful, 
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colours,
He made their tiny wings.

The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate,
God made them, high or lowly,
And ordered their estate.

The purple-headed mountain,
The river running by,
The sunset, and the morning,
That brightens up the sky;

The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them every one.

The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,
The rushes by the water,
We gather every day;--

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell,
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.
 
1] God is the Creator, Sustainer, Ruler of all.  
Isaiah 44:24  "“This is what the Lord says—   your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb:I am the Lord,    the Maker of all things,  who stretches out the heavens,  who spreads out the earth by myself"  
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you."



3] The order and beauty of the universe reflect and proclaim the existence, wisdom and power of God.

Proverbs 8:22-31
The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works,
    before his deeds of old;
23 I was formed long ages ago,
    at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs overflowing with water;
25 before the mountains were settled in place,
    before the hills, I was given birth,
26 before he made the world or its fields
    or any of the dust of the earth.
27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
    when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
28 when he established the clouds above
    and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
29 when he gave the sea its boundary
    so the waters would not overstep his command,
and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
30     Then I was constantly at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind."


        Have you not seen? Have you not heard?  Have you not felt the power of God in all that surrounds your own life?  We all have, so no one is excusable to not praise Him for everything.  All the earth will one day bow down before Him.  With the whales talking, the trees rustling, the oceans echoing and with all of nature's sounds.. when put together, it's an orchestra of praise.  Start right now and let God hear your praise and thankfulness from your heart...no excuses to wait.

2 comments:

  1. We can't praise and thank God enough! It is so wonderful that He loves and cares for us and provides everything for us. It is awesome that we can call upon Him at any time. You are right there is no excuse for anyone to not believe and be thankful! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good, Angie. No one can deny the wonderful creator He is every where, just take away what man has made and the rest is He created, in fact He gave us the materials for the things that are man made. Dad

    ReplyDelete