Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Joy is Coming


Spiritual Inspiration: Photo
   
    Well some might wonder how one might not be cheer-challenged during long drawn out bouts of illness.  I can tell you the answer lies in where your hope is put, maintained and promised. You can wallow in the sorrow or suffering of today or you can trust the tribulation to be over in His timing.  Joy is coming but we must be patient in affliction.
    I've been sick for 3 weeks now but experienced some joy today in both going to the farmer's market and a visit with a friend.  It may seem small to you but it was a joy booster to me.  Yes, my blessed bounty grew again today with Gloria's blueberry jam and peanut butter cookies.
    Believers should maintain their spirits, despite their circumstances, with the promised hope of our eternal tomorrows.  When we defer our sufferings to part of God's plan then it doesn't seem so grim.

Photo

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to look at sickness. We all know that you are Heaven bound, save me a seat. Love You -- Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. An old pastor, S.M.Lockridge, once preached a sermon entitled, "It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin.'" Jesus suffered on that Friday, but what a glorious day Sunday was! For us who know Him, our frail bodies cry, "It's Friday, but Sunday's comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your mansion is next to mine, so I can have some of those great goodies your are receiving! You do share, don't you? So sorry you have been sick for three weeks, but praying you are on the "up" side now. Glad you had a good outing and a nice visit. It's hard to keep a good girl down, especially when you have the healing Physician on your side, not to mention a wonderful attitude and trust. Love you, girlfriend....keep on keeping on. T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you felt up to getting out for the market and that you have such loving, giving friends. Would love to see you and give you a hug myself. Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good Angie!
    I needed this reminder after the ordeal with Viktor's funeral which is taking place in a few hours today!

    Love
    Ferdine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well. My prayers are with you almost everyday. I pray God will bring healing to you. I love you so much, grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your happy spirit
    debbie d.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, we've had a lot of illness around here too lately. But, oh how much worse it could be. Hoping we get to come out and visit with you SOON!

    ReplyDelete