Friday, June 28, 2013

Who is Good?

I want weekends off



   Well this caption makes me think of the firestorm against Paula Deen by the media and her sponsors.  I think it is wrong and hypocritical to disown her for things said in the past, off air and apologized for.  We are all sinners and not one of us is good.  Our comparison scale is biased when we say 'well I'm better than him/her' because our only example of true good is Jesus.  We all fall short when we stand next to His example.
   Yes, cast the first stone if your words have never been ugly or disrespectful.  Yes, never ever?  The stone you throw should boomerang back to you and hit you square between the eyes because you are blinded to your own sin.
   Forgiveness is the answer, not the pointing of the finger.  When you point your index finger, your three other fingers point back to you.  May those who want to blame be put to shame and may peaceful bliss come from forgiveness.

7 comments:

  1. I agree completely. It is so disgusting how hypocritical Walmart, Sears, TV, etc. is about this. Itis not even clear in what context she used "the word" but everyone seems to want to jump up and throw a stone; yes, maybe some of them will boomerang! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our society is so out of whack. This week has provided several examples of that. I would guess there are some people who would never have to apologize for anything they ever said over the last 3 decades. But I don't think I know any of them... Everyone I know is just human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate the sin, love the sinner. But our world doesn't use the Guidebook, therefore there is no plumb line. Even we as Christians often see the wrong that someone has done, castigate him, and throw him to the wolves rather than trying to bring him into the fold. Thanks for trying to reel them in, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard Sears and Penny's joined the bandwagon and removed her
    products. If she is a believer, I hope she is faithful.
    nancy h.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we all fall short. Great point about not comparing...we are all bad. As scripture tells us, if we keep the whole law and yet break just one, we are guilty of breaking all of it. Even if we haven't used that word, we are all guilty of saying wrong things. Paula is just being used as a scape goat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So on the same page with you, Angie...as well as the others who have posted. Don't even get me started. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. There is none without sin, no not one. Where does forgiveness come in? Like I said, don't get me started. Praying for Paula and her family...hope she makes a HUGE comeback. love you, T.

    ReplyDelete