Thursday, May 23, 2013

Memory Bank





    Who else feels like they are down to their last roll of film?  I've always had a good memory for things but I've recently been put to the challenge with it.  My friends are doing a Psalm 119 memory challenge for the summer and I decided to join them in it.  I'm not a scripture memorizing person so this is a stretch for me.  Let alone, Psalm 119 is the longest psalm in the Bible.  I thought I was making good progress with having my 1-5 verses down pat, until my 4yr old friend recited the 1-8 verses to me at church last night.  Yes, I think I need more film..ha.
    We remember what is important to us.  Memorized verses can calm our doubts when fear strikes because they are stored in our hearts.  I encourage you to spend some time in the Word and see your negatives develop into something beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you posted this, Angie. Indeed, we hide His Word in our hearts that we might not sin against Him. (Psalm 119:11) And it does take us longer as we get older to memorize. My grandkids run circles around me with Scripture memory, but you're right. It can be done. God gives us the film we need. Some of it has just been in the reel a lot longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! And don't feel bad, kids memorize much quicker than we do. I need to get busy doing some of that myself.

    ReplyDelete