Monday, February 11, 2013

To Do List













     I think a good way to start off a new week is to have a plan or a to-do list.  It organizes our thoughts, sets our priorities and helps motivate us to get those things done.
    What if we remembered the above caption as an every day list?  I think our days would go alot smoother and definitely less stressful.

    Blessings are provided to us each and every day.  Shouldn't we recognize them with a grateful heart and not with an entitled heart?
    Kindness should be shown more than it is deserved.  God's compassion is our best role model to follow because the world is often not fair or kind.
    Control is not ours to claim.  We never had it nor will we ever.  Let the urge to control go and you'll enjoy a peace that comforts.
    A believer's heart is guided by the Holy Spirit so listen carefully.
    Your degree of productivity should be measured more by the quality of how you did it than how much you did.  'Do all things as if doing them for the Lord.'
     Breathe.........your breath rate can tell you if you need to slow down or calm down.  In any stressful situation, the first advice you'll get is 'just breathe.'

    What's on your to-do list for today?  We will get done what is important to us.

7 comments:

  1. I like to do lists and will make one for times when I have a project or a lot of things to do,
    (however not having a real job I can usually remember the two or three things I am going to do today) Now as a result of this blog I may start a "Don'T Do List", for things such as Don't forget your meds, Don't stress out over the small stuff, Don't be so impatient, Don't worry, Don't make this comment tooo long. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially identify with the statement, "Your degree of productivity should be measured more by the quality of how you did it than how much you did. 'Do all things as if doing them for the Lord.'" I tend to compare myself to others and the degree of productivity they have, and I fall short. If I strive to do what I do "as to the Lord, and not to men," then I am much more content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for a great blog. The reminder to "just breathe" is one of the best pieces of advice I have had for practical living. Keep up the great ministry you have! Joel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy reading your That's That on e-mail and I read a page of your book every day. It's always encouraging. Let Jesus flood you and drown you in his love. Randy (you need no flood control for that.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But, I want control!!! You know me well enough to know that control is one of my big issues. Thanks for the swift kick in the rear to realize that I don't have it. And quite frankly, if I did, I'd probably misuse it. So thankful I know the One who does have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your last couple of sentences too. We always find the time to do what we want to do. How well have we served Him before we get to all those other unimportant things? Gloria is so right....as well as you....doing a small service as unto the Lord is so much more rewarding than accomplishing tons of things either haphazardly or without serving Him. Thanks for a great post, Angie....love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie...thanks for the good word....the reminder to do things to the best of my ability.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete