Thursday, February 21, 2013

Again?



Trust God! :)


     Do you ever think 'oh great, here we go again' when you face a problem for the second or third time?  I think we often remember how hard it was to overcome and how long it took, rather than the steadfastness of the Lord's faithfulness.  We remember the pain or hardship of a problem and not the glory that shined through it.  Strength shows itself stronger through our sufferings.
     'The Lord will provide' in all circumstances.  Our clearest view of the future is reflecting on God's past work in our lives.  Have you ever really done without?  Doubtful, unless a prideful heart interfered.  Everything happens for a reason, it's not coincidence.
     I encourage you to take a look into your past and see how trusting God overpowered any worry or fear you had with a problem.  It's like in the Footprints poem, 'Where were You when I needed You most?  I carried you.'

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the words of encouragement, sweet little sister. I love you, and I love and thank our Lord for His goodness in carrying us through. Praise His Holy Name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that's my biggest problem... remembering the tough things and allowing those memories to fuel the fires of "what if". This goes right along with my Bible study last night - the Jennifer Rothschild video, session 5. She talked about how you clean out your thought closet by reviewing the negative things of your day and asking two questions: God, what do you want me to learn about You through this? and God, what am I to learn about myself through this? AFter you've got those two answers, then ask God to redeem the memory and give the event to Him. hang on to the lessons learned and don't keep playing the old memories again and again. I sooo fail at this!!! So her video and your blog - God is speaking to me and I hope I listen effectively!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true--"Our clearest view of the future is reflecting on God's Past work in our lives". Of course if you say "I can't see that He worked in my life--then it's because you didn't allow Him". I have been recently reading about how God miraculously brought the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt and then provided for them in every way--yet they were so forgetful and unthankful that God became angry at them. They grumbled about all sorts of things instead of being thankful--it made me have to repent of my grumblings (oh it's so cold, it's raining again, etc., etc.) and yet I have been SO blessed in so many ways. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is one of my favorites....love your entire post. So true!! I have practiced saying, "I trust you, Jesus" so much this year already. Just one thing after another, it seems, but I know MY GOD is in control and has the solution to every single issue. So very thankful for that. In my old age, I am FINALLY (at least part/most of the time) learning to stay calm and TRUST! Thank you for this message today (for me it was today!)...love you, T.

    ReplyDelete