Monday, February 18, 2013

Adversity

....and Spiritually Speaking




    When things are good, it is easy to go with the flow.  When faced with a challenge tho, it can take your whole armory to get you through it.  If you're smart, you know what things work for you and what works against you.
    I understand what this caption is referring to but it is hard to put into words.  Maybe because that heavenly spark is not all about us and our determination.  Peace from the Spirit can calm the storms in you enough to keep you from drowning.  Hope is a good promise to keep our focus on the positive side of the adverse conditions surrounding us at the moment.  Trust reaffirms our faith that 'the good work He began in us, will be completed.'
    Now if your spark evolving from strife isn't so heavenly, then impatience, anger, slander and harshness will surely follow.  We've all been there because 'no not one' of us is good.
    Should your spark be snuffed or put on the top of a hill?
     [Be careful what you blog about, you may get tested.  Our power went out while I wrote this...  adverse conditions to say the least]

3 comments:

  1. I am such a fear-prone person that when I thing of REAL adversity hitting me, I can only cling tighter to God's Word and His promises, believing that He and He alone is able to carry me through victoriously. In Hebrews 2:14 it says, "Since, therefore, the children are of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death He might defeat him who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subjected to lifelong slavery." Praise the Lord that we who are His have been delivered from the power not only of adversity but of death itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How so like God to reveal Himself in order to humble us and make us aware of His Presence. Love the lights going out....just shows that He knows all and is right there with us every moment. I saw a cartoon on FB today that stated, "Patience is what happens when we have too many witnesses." So me!! Praying for patience at all times....and ever so thankful for the hope we have in Christ Jesus. Love you, my friend...and remember, He is always there....in the light and in the dark. Thank you, Jesus! T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I've gotten behind, Angie. I'm not seeing updates on Fb about your blogs and I thought you might not have felt like writing. I'm glad you are still going! Am catching up now. The first thing in a storm that goes is my peace of mind. There are a lot of things that qualify as "storms" for me! Ha! and power outages is one of them. I know it's even more of a problem for you. Appreciate your attitude!

    ReplyDelete