Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Who is in Control












     Tonight we are expecting severe weather with possible tornadoes.  It is wise to be aware and prepared but not to be overly anxious about it.  What will be is in God's control.  We can take physical cover but there is no greater cover than to pray for His protection over you.
     We must remember that His control is consistent, reliable and never failing.  The earth is defined by physical laws that we count on and plan our days by.  Who makes the sun rise and set?  It's certainly not BillyBob down in some hideaway control room.  It is the Creator and Controller of all things.
      Do you still think you're in control when you sleep at night?  I can assure you that God brought you into this world and He can and will take you out one day.
      As much as we think we would like to be in control, I think it is comforting to know we are not.

5 comments:

  1. You are right... And I love the comment about BillyBob in some hideaway control room... I know people have been praying that God would protect us b/c they have been predicting this for days now - how bad it would be. And the sirens went off here for what seemed like forever (but I was making quesedias (sp?) and I wasn't going to leave the machine alone unless and until I heard the freight train sound! (Ha!) And we never felt like we were in danger here. So thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God that I am not the master of my soul. I would have been ruined already. There is so much that we can not control around u--the realm of nature, the government that is running amuk--so many things, that dependence on a holy and sovereign God is a true relief and blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most important thing is to be prepared when the Creator and Controller of all things is ready to call us home....that could be anywhere, anytime....only He knows that. So thankful for My Savior, who knows all things, sees all things, hears all things, and is control of all things. The storm turned out to be much less than predicted, although I know for some in south Arkansas it was worse than it was here. He is a great and might God, always and forevermore, no matter what! Love you, Angie...T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good reminder Angie. Especially the last statement, "I think it is comforting to know that we are not." (in control). Hope you have a great day. Joel

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I hate those tornadoes. I told the girls (and myself) more than once that night, that God is in control of all things. Troubles sure do a good job at letting us know that we are NOT the one in control.

    ReplyDelete