Friday, January 11, 2013

Trust God






    Are you a worry wart?  Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you no where. I've never known anything to change because I worried about it.  Now turning my worries into prayers is a different story.
    Do you trust God to take care of your problems?  Many would say yes but I think our doubts arise from whether we will find His solution to our liking.  If I ask, will He provide what I want and the way I want it?  We have to ask and trust 'according to His will', not our own.
    Abraham surely didn't like the idea of sacrificing his only son, but he trusted God's word completely.  Abraham's life of faith was lived without an acceptable factor to him but one of trust in God's word and promises.
Matthew 6:34  '' Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.''
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Okay! Don't read my last email to anyone else. I think I was worrying about you aloud! Thanks for the reminder. I must go and meditate on my life verses, Philippians 4:6-7. You seem to hit me where it hurts, Angie. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother was a worrier.....a wonderful Christian lady who just could not seem to give her "troubles" over to God. She tried, and then she would quickly (or slowly) take them back. I have tried hard not to do that, but sometimes find myself "just like her". The closer I stay in His Presence, the more I find myself trusting Him and not worrying about what He has in store for me. I know that He is in control of all things and knows about my journey....past, present and future. I pray He will keep me following His road map, and not trying to worry about how to get back on it after I have worried myself off!! Thank you for such a good word, Angie. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been worried/fearful about something lately and have tried to turn the fearful thoughts into prayers. I am so thankful that we have a God who cares about all our needs and wants us to trust HIM...can you imagine not knowing HIM! He is so good. I love the story of Jesus in the boat with his disciples when the storm comes. I'm sure it was a pretty bad storm and I can imagine how scared the men were, but Jesus was SLEEPING!! He was so calm no matter what and that's how he wants us to be! I love meeting people who live this way (you being one of them) because it gives me confidence to trust God more...no matter what! --Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, does this one hit home! His word tells us "My God shall supply all your needs", and yet I worry how we are going to provide for our family in tight times. If His eye is on the sparrow, how much more is He watchful of His children. Worry may be one of the biggest sins that I struggle with.

    ReplyDelete