Saturday, January 26, 2013

To Love


10 Things from the Bible on Loving Others


    We don't have to wait till Valentine's day to show our love, nor should we.  God tells us 'to love one another' as a direct command.  He doesn't say when the time is right or when you feel like it.  He wants love to be shown thru all our actions.  'Without love, we are just a clanging gong.'
     I'm no expert on love and have yet to meet a human that is.  So going to the Bible is the best resource for help on advice.  Above are ten ways on how we can express our love to friends, family or strangers.  If we could only remember these and apply them in our daily lives, would there be peace on earth?
     'All you need is love, love is all you need.'

5 comments:

  1. Oh my...those 10 make me feel pretty lacking in Love! But I guess it's good to see where I fall short so that the Lord can help me to be more like Him. Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! Like Betsy, it's pretty convicting to look at them and see where I'm lacking. Good rule of thumb, and something to work toward. Love, being a working word, is not so easy as that tv star model wants to make us think it is. Our God, through the Lord Jesus, our example in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the next TEN? maybe I can do better on those; these are really tough. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm....yes.....Uncle Nate spoke tonight on the value of being willing to obey God, and trusting Him for the details. What's that verse that says something like, "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion"? Sorry you couldn't make it today Angie....I know you're being smart and avoiding all the germs but hopefully this flu and everything else season will end soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good! I made a cross-stitch sampler a long time ago that stated, "The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay....love isn't love til it's given away". I have always loved that. It took me a LONG time to finish that sampler so that phrase has stuck with me all these years. I also saw something on FB this morning. It said to pay attention and don't be distracted by your cell phone, etc., when someone is talking to you...there's an app for that....it is called RESPECT! I like that one too. Thanks, Angie, and you are so right....God's word is our best source of LOVE. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete