Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One, Two... and Three?


be gracious



     Okay so I can do the first two things in this caption with no problem, but the third does just about kill me at times.  Giving grace is not my specialty.  'Always be kinder than you feel' is a good starting place.  You may feel irritated by a mistake someone made but if we remember our own faults then a little grace will soften your blow.
    Now I'm not gracious like Princess Diana or Grace Kelly either.  I think I was in dance class for about two weeks before the teacher recommended that I switch to baton class.  Some of us just don't have the genes to walk on air but instead we stumble thru the best we can.
   'His grace is greater than your sins.'  There is no limit on what the grace of God can cover.  'His grace is sufficient.'  He will not take you further than His grace will carry you.  It is an amazing grace.

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I also was not born with the right genes for walking on air. Nor did I have the genes for baton class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE His amazing grace! Why is it so easy for us to accept it....desire it....but so hard for us to extend it? I love all the quotes you used above. And, truly, His grace is sufficient. He only gives it to us when we need it...isn't that just the way He is. His timing is so perfect. I pray to be an extender of grace, even when I feel the least like giving it. Thank you, Angie, for a great word. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I am so heavy on grace and mercy that I fail to be consistent with condemning unrighteous living in others, at least to their face. We had a situation arise recently in the family where a younger family member was more consistent in doing that than the older ones of us, even though it was done a bit rashly. I pray that God will mold that young life so that it will never condone sin, while learning grace and mercy at the same time. Wow! Wouldn't that be a combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard Adrian Rogers 2 nights in a row on AFR about 7;30=8. He is speaking on Disgracing Grace. It is really good. I like him so much. how we have God's grace and we disrespet it by our worldly ways and desires.
    nancy h.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote: "Be kinder than you feel.." Good reminder. I think C.S. Lewis once wrote about becoming like what you pretend to be....not in a bad sense but in a good one.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that caption. Isn't it true that the way we treat people, our kindness and graciousness to them says so much more about our beauty than what we look like on the surface. You know I love to look pretty as much as the next girl, but I so want my heart to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete