Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's a God Thing














   
    Are you aware of God's protection over you all the time?  I saw a sticker on a car the other day that said 'Faith 247'.  It took me a minute for me to realize that it meant that their faith was 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  It is in the moments that we didn't even realize we were vulnerable, that we can thank Him for the never failing protection He provides.
     In 1993, we moved from Dallas, TX to DeKalb, IL.  At the time, we had a brown boat of a car and a sportscar.  With the use of a Uhaul tow bar, we towed the sportscar.  We stayed overnight in Little Rock to visit and rest halfway.  We headed out the next day for the long drive and the less than desirable destination of the land of the frigid.  We stopped in a town [I can't remember the name] in Illinois about 3 or 4 hours short of our destination.  When we stopped to park, the tow bar hitch fell off the car.  Whoa, that was the 'God thing' moment of protection for us and others on the road.  What if it had come off while going 65mph down the highway?  You can just imagine the horrific possibilities.  Even tho it was hard for me, God gave me the strength to drive the car the rest of the way.  We weren't about to trust that tow bar again.
     There is no greater or safer place to be than in God's protective hands.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't HE great?? I was following a friend in the mountains of Colorado down a long hill and noticed the trailer he was towing beginning to sway, when I finally got him to stop only two lug nuts were barely holding on. God was watching. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these... so encouraging! When I was working at HEndrix in the library, I had to work every Monday night from 7 to 11 p.m. I was living in LIttle Rock so it was a long commute. One Monday evening, just as I pulled into the Hendrix parking lot, my car died. It wasn't a simple problem like a battery - I had to have it towed to a repair shop the next day. I was able to stay overnight with a friend. I often thought: what if the car had died when I was driving down the freeway late at night going home from work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, one time I was driving home from college and my car broke down....right behind a cop car that was on the side of the rode. And that was before I had a cell phone. Was able to use his phone to call a tow truck. And then it IS amazing how He does all those things we may NEVER notice. Now that is love!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The angel of the Lord encamps round those who fear His name." What a wonderful truth to carry with us at all times. Even when we are not aware and don't understand what's going on, I believe it's a "God thing," because He is ever with us. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto, Gloria. I cannot tell you the number of times I have felt protection for myself, my family and my friends. God's perfect timing has been so evident throughout my life. Just this week, James was protected twice by problems with the Yukon...once the tires that could have easly blown out while he was traveling. Instead, God did not reveal the danger until the old tires were removed and the treads actually had splits in them....could easly have been a catastrophe. Like my friend says, "we need to thank God for all the things that don't happen to us!" And I do....love you, sweet friend...T.

    ReplyDelete