Monday, December 31, 2012

Enjoy Now


truth


    As we wrap up with 2012, can you just take a moment to reflect on how the year's events have brought you to today?  The trials that have made you stronger, the joys that have blessed you and the faithfulness by God through it all.
    Sometimes we are so caught up in tomorrow that we lose the joy of the present day.  We often worry about things that never happen.  Isn't each and every day a gift to be cherished?  I like some days with no rush and no agenda to just enjoy the relaxation of the day.
   'Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong;  for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.'  There will always be danger and opposition to the righteous way of living but we must have faith in God's protective hand over us.  The main objective of evil is to steal our joy.  Don't let yourself be robbed.

5 comments:

  1. Today was a good day for me, I had a mininium number of phone calls and I spent most of the day in my shop, working on things that I want to do. No concern about the Fiscal Cliff, Evil in the World, I was in my own cave. It was a joyful day for me now that I reflect on it. Thank you for pointing that out. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to start the new year. Things don't look so good on the horizon, but storms come and storms go, and life goes on in whatever way God deems best for us. There is no greater joy than to know that God holds us in His righteous right hand. Thanks again for the good thought for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Angie, I needed that.
    nancy h.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often get so caught up in doing that I fail to get joy out of people. Hoping the Lord helps me with this in 2013. Have a happy new year Angie!

    Love,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could just remember...every day...."This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Thank you, Angie....love you, T.

    ReplyDelete