Thursday, November 1, 2012

Moderation


Had one of these days lately?...just eat 'em all!!!



      Does this picture cause any flashbacks of last night and all that Halloween candy?  Was it of your kids or did you include yourself?  We often want to taste it all at once or at least have a constant flow of the goodies.
      Moderation, not depravation, is key. You don't have to go by the all or nothing theory but just pace yourself.  ''The heart is great which shows moderation in the midst of prosperity.''  We are to save for a rainy day, not just blow it all at once.  Sales often go up at the first of the month because people get their monthly checks then and stock up.  The tendency to spend it all without thinking ahead is a common flaw in society.
      In everything we must exhibit self-control, even something as good as honey.  Proverbs 25:16
''If you find honey, eat just enough— too much of it, and you will vomit.''

5 comments:

  1. What a great picture!!Pretty descriptive of human nature: so greedy we can't even enjoy what we have! Godliness with contentment is great gain. And now I'm preaching to myself.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Self control is just controlling yourself. It's listening to your heart and doing what is smart. Self control is the very best way to go, so use a little self control." That's from a children's musical. I often sing that to myself, because there is one area in my life (eating sweets, of course) where I often fail to use self control. Sometimes I have to abstain just to get a handle on it. What an appropriate sermonette for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I identify more with the kid than with the proverb...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture, and if you are talking to me about the number of cookies I can eat --- your medling. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as food goes, my weakness is that good old home cooking. That is why I try not to cook too often, LOL! As far as clothes go, you do know I like flashy, LOL! Okay, this blog is not supposed to be a confessional booth, is it? Or is it? If so, I am pleading just like your dad...now, you're meddling! Love you, dear friend....T.

    ReplyDelete