Friday, November 2, 2012

Get In The Game



remember this...



     This past Wednesday my church had a Tribulation Trail.  It was composed of 6 different scenes scattered all over the grounds of the church outside.  The scenes covered the rapture, the antichrist, the mark of the beast and the hardships of the 7 years of tribulation.  It was very good and made it real.
     When I say we covered alot of the church grounds, I mean all over.  We went from the old church front, to the woods across, to the new church front, to the basketball court, to the barn, and out to the deep woods. It took me a little longer to get to each scene than others but my wheelchair gave new meaning to 4wheel drive.  It was a rough and bumpy ride but the trail was well worth it.  People waited patiently on me and made a path through the crowd so I could see everything.
      I had expected to skip the last scene because it was deep in the woods down a trail.  As it was time to go on or turn back, Phillip said ''c'mon you've made it this far, you can do it.''  So I did press on and finish the trail.
      This wasn't a race for anyone but did turn out to be a test of endurance for me.  Maybe my efforts will not only be of benefit to me but show as a witness to others to not let circumstances defeat your desire to participate.

4 comments:

  1. You did well. And the course sounds really interesting. I bet it created some intense teachable moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your determination. If others were not watching you they missed a great lesson. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Angie! Hang in there!
    Love you
    Ferdine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the greatest reward comes at the end of the hardest journey. Likewise, sometimes the must fun comes from the most spontaneous event....not the one that has been planned for days, weeks or months. God is good all the time. Glad you hung in there and persevered to the end...also makes you realize you covered it all and did not miss a thing!! I love not missing anything!! And I love you, T.

    ReplyDelete