Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sneaks Up On You


So true.



     Okay so I haven't made that many biscuits in my life but I've made enough to know opening them scares me every time.  I know the 'POP' is coming but so is my jump reaction.  My friend and I were making cupcakes the other day when the icing canister wouldn't work.  Suddenly, it popped and we both jumped like we'd been shot thru the kitchen window.
      The shock of death is coming as well but we don't know when it will hit us.  Are you going to say, 'Wait, I wasn't ready?'  Are you terrified with anticipation?   There is no way to avoid the biscuit can of life from popping and saying it's over.  We need to be prepared and ready at any time to leave this world.  The can of life is hard and tough but after the pop there is a softness that awaits us.
       May you be prepared to jump for joy as the jack-in-the-box does, when your time is up on this earth.  It will be more fresh and satisfying than waking up to the smell of biscuits in the oven.

8 comments:

  1. I liked this one. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the analogy. As Buster says, I don't want to rust while waiting for the time the Lord takes me home. Using the analogy of the biscuit can, I don't want a bad batch to cause me to just ooze out without any usefulness. That biscuit can is full of useful dough, prepared for its maker. In the same way, I want to be prepared for mine. Girl, you hit it right on target again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great words, Angie and Gloria. I want to be His and used by Him until the day my biscuit pan pops....then I want to be shot straight up to heaven to live with Him eternally. I am ready when He is ready....pray my loved ones are too. Until then, I hope to cook on cookin'! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay....that should be biscuit CAN and I hope to KEEP on cookin'. What can I say? It is early and I am NOT Gloria! Love you! T.

      Delete
  4. Love this! "There is no way to avoid the biscuit can of life from popping..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since i can't comment on the blog for some silly reason....I love the analogy also. Very vivid picture. I don't want to be the bad batch that oozes. I want to be the best buscuit I can. That's not racist is it..he he.
    rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's neat! Randy

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-)Glad I'm not the only one scared of the biscuit can. But seriously, good thought.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete