Friday, October 26, 2012

Not Clearly Seen


We see in part; God sees the whole.


       We often ask 'Why?' or 'What is going on?'  Our power went out this morning and I thought these very phrases.  After a few minutes, an ambulance and fire trucks raced down the street.  I therefore got a better picture of the problem and shifted my focus a little less off of my needs.
       Sometimes we can see later why something happened but not always.  We have to see that whether it is sorrow or joy that is brought to us, it has a purpose in refining us.  Our life's journey is not just a survival mission but one of transforming us into who we are meant to be in Christ.  We are sometimes called to do our part for the Kingdom and reject what our flesh would prefer.
       Our human nature tends to want to put our needs first but that's not what the Bible teaches.  My friend has a bracelet with 'THIRD' written on it.  She says it is a reminder to put God first, others second and yourself third.
       We each play a part in this whole world so when we shift our minds off just ourselves, we will more clearly see a bigger picture.  One day we will see the masterpiece of the Master in all its wonder.

3 comments:

  1. Walking humbly with Him...I wish I did it more often.... I like the idea of the bracelet. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I think I should wear a bracelet that says His on it, with a cross and a heart beside it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For we know that all things work together to them that love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28. How very true, Angie. An incidence in our lives of late has brought that fact to light so vividly. Once we get our eyes off ourselves and on Him, it's amazing how very open they become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Cathie's comment. What a neat idea....to have a "HIS" bracelet. I love my "cross" necklaces, bracelets, earrings, but I really love when something "talks" to me. Since we can't see the big picture...only God can...we must trust that the little things help make up the big picture. "In all things give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." Love you, sweet friend, T.

    ReplyDelete