Friday, September 28, 2012

In the Hardest Moments, Pray


Pray




     We've all had those difficult moments when we just felt out of options on what to do.  It might be a health crisis, a financial burden, a smackdown urge, or a sudden loss.  What do I do now?  The answer is to pray in those helpless moments.  As our minds race to figure out how we can fix the problem, God waits for you to turn to Him.  Often our bodies react with painful symptoms, like a panic attack or a stomach ache, that point out our inability to handle it alone.
      Prayer provides a peace when we turn our burdens over.  Prayer humbles our spirits and shows us our dependence on Him.  One day, all will bow before the Lord.
      In our bible study, I learned James is sometimes referred to as 'camel knees.'  His devotion to prayer made his knees look knobby and worn like those of a camel.  When life gives you more than you can stand, do you kneel?
      I understand that praying may not be your first go-to option in stressful moments to think of but it is always available so keep it close to your heart and mind list of resources.



3 comments:

  1. It is the hardest if you find your taking on the burdens of loved ones. When you want God to move on something quicker than He is. But in the long run it really is the only thing you can do. Because if you don't pride sets in and you find yourself saying to God, "I don't know if you know what you doing here." Can't you please fix this? Yes,when all you have is prayer and you finally realize that and do it,Peace will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is "Ouch." Thanks a lot (I think!)
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I desire to have "camel knees". I am sure I do not always go to Him at the very earliest possible moment in my distress, but I truly desire to. As my Jesus Calling devotion stated today, "Come to Me, all you who are weary, and I will give you rest. Worship Me by resting peacefully in My presence." I wish to always rest peacefully in His presence, no matter my circumstances. Love you, sweet friend, T.

    ReplyDelete