Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Way Back Wednesday.. Wild Side




     I think this is from Halloween 1983, my last year to go trick-or-treating.  This was my punk rock look with a trash bag as my dress [yes I had shorts on underneath it].  The spray painted hair and heavy makeup completed the look.
     Haven't we all wanted to take a walk on the wild side?  I think stepping out of character from our normal reserved self is fun once in a while.  It takes a little while for me to get up the nerve but I've always loved 'dress up.'  As the daughter of two CPA's, I don't drift that far to the wild side of life... but I try.
     I would definitely put more clothes on now than I did back then.  I'm much more modest now than then and that's a good thing.
     It can be fun to come out of your shell and have a little innocent fun.

6 comments:

  1. You were cute even in that trash bag. ha. It was a clever idea I thought. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wild side was one toe over the line, I love you for that and a whole bunch of other reasons. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite was a mermaid costume complete with a fin...my mom made it and it was a beauty!! I had to have my belly showing, that's how all mermaids dressed. Funny that I wouldn't let my girls go to a party with their belly showing. Guess it was a different time and place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - I never saw you look so good- yes wild at 12
    nancy h.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the trash bag dress!! I love dressing up. Enjoy it more in my senior adult days than I did when I was a child. Laughter is medicine for the soul and what fun it is to find joy in the little things. You saw my "attire" at the Hunt for Pink in July scavenger hunt, didn't you? We may have scared a lot of people, but we all had a blast. Cannot even imagine showing my belly button (like Charity did)....not sure I can even find my belly button!! We grow more modest then ever as we age...for more reasons than one!! LU, T.

    ReplyDelete