Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wandering

Photo



     Who doesn't?  I sometimes don't realize I'm thinking about something else until after a few minutes then I'm like 'focus!'  Distractions often take us on a tangent that can take us out into left field.  We've all fallen into the trap of an endless, dull talk and escaped to what's really on our heart.
     Yes, our hearts are prone to wander and we feel it.  The world has so many distractions to pull us away from what is important.  Where our minds go is where our hearts are.
     We often say 'God, draw near to me' but it is only our souls that have gone astray.  Our hearts do get hardened and our sensitivity to wrong does get compromised.  'Just a closer walk with Thee' is the path to wander on.  Think on things of benefit and encouragement to yourself when your mind does wander off.
      Don't let your mind be a wandering nomad without direction and focus.  Guide it with a godly purpose.

Isaiah 63:17  ''Why, LORD, do you make us wander from your ways and harden our hearts so we do not revere you? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes that are your inheritance.''
Proverbs 5:6  ''She gives no thought to the way of life; her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.''
Proverbs 17:24  ''A discerning person keeps wisdom in view, but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth.''

3 comments:

  1. So true Angie....we are the ones who wander....May the Lord continue to mercifully bring us back....and back....and back....

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, Angie, that you have uncovered my deepest flaw; mind control is a constant struggle for me. If we can win that battle then fear, confusion, indecision fly away. have a great day! Joel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so true....my mind does seem to have a mind of its own, LOL! And yes, your post did remind me of that old hymn (and I do STILL love old hymns, by the way)"Come, Thou Fount".

    Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love (OH, please don't let me EVER want to do that!)...
    Here's my heart, O take and seal it; Seal it for Thy courts above. Amen.

    Love you, my sweet friend...T.

    ReplyDelete