Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Way Back Wednesday.... Hair















     So here we are at Christmas 1988, or should I say HAIR we are... haha.  We all had more hair back then than we knew what to do with.
     Yes, we were all stronger back then in our younger days.  I was walking, driving and had the world in my reins.. or so I thought.  Both my parents had full time jobs back then and were after the American dream. Proverbs 20:29  ''The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old.''
     Yes, the hair has fallen and faded just as our strength has with time.  Yet we are all still here running the race of life for Christ 24 years later.  His grace and mercy has protected us and brought us thru all those years.  Isaiah 46:4  ''Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.''
      Although I think overcoming my past hardships is worthy of gray hair, I'm blessed to not have had to travel that road yet.  The 'fall out' was a rough enough road to endure.  Whether you can see it or not, my parents have attained their earthly crowns as they wait to one day trade them in.  Proverbs 16:31  ''Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness.''


6 comments:

  1. The picture is beautiful, what a good looking family & you do have an abundance of hair. Thanks so much for sharing! nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did my coloring of my hair today prompt this? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know tht I have that crown of splendor somewhere under all this color, but I haven't really seen it unless the "natural" (looking) color starts growing out! But how grateful I am that God has allowed me these years, and my prayer is that I will finish strong for Him. Thanks so much for the good post, as always, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind my hair turning gray, I do mind it turning
    loose. I hope I still have enough to turn it in someday.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THIS post I especially like!! Underneath this head of blonde, there is LOTS of gray. I have not personally seen it (and neither has anyone else!), but I know it is there. The roots do peek through from time to time, but as long as my hairdresser is available, they will be covered up as quickly as possible. I honestly think we become more dependent on Him the older we get. So thankful that He, unlike many on earth, still sees us as valuable and continues to sustain us and rescue us. The world considers the elderly worn out and no longer contributing to society. I am so very grateful for God's faithfulness to the very end...and then forever!! Love you, dear friend....and your hair is not nearly as BIG as my hair used to be, LOL!! T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great picture of your family. I really enjoy your "Way back Wednesday" writings. Not only do I get to know you better, but your family also. I went to auction yesterday but didn't buy a thing; I need to sell a lot before I acquire more. I'm enjoying the rain this morning Hope you're great. Joel

    ReplyDelete