Saturday, June 16, 2012

Vacation

lol


     Most of my church is leaving for Rock Haven church camp tomorrow.  The kids look forward to it every year.  It is a chance to get away from the hum-drum of everyday life.  It is also a chance to learn more about God's word and apply it in daily life.  Even tho friends are there, it is different to be with each other for a whole week.  I think this frog reminds us to not let little arguments get out of control but to let things go.  We must pack wisdom to take with us on trips, as well as clothes.   Remember, you may be the only Bible some people ever see.

3 comments:

  1. If life could only be as relaxing as this frog
    makes it seem. Good vacations are good for everyone. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point.. Wish they had printed this to take with them. I kinda wish I was going. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When James and I led the devotional during our biker/triker trip to South Dakota, I used this post as part of my "portion". We spoke on James 1:2-5 and the importance of being "joyful" in all our trials and circumstances. We could relate so well to your message, as we were all friends before we left, but we have never traveled together or spent that much time together as a group. God bonded us and our daily devotionals kept Him as our guide and our strength....especially when we had some unforeseen challenges along the way. He is a might God and with us in all our "settings". I quoted your last two sentences...so good! Thank you for helping me with our devotional without even knowing you were doing so. God is so "neat" like that...surprising us with good things!! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete