Sunday, June 17, 2012

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD



     Happy Father's Day to my Dad.  Yes, I admit I'm a spoiled daddy's girl.  He does his best to provide me with everything I need or just want. He used to go on many business trips and always brought me something back.  One time, I think from Denver, he brought back on the plane with him a life size Papa Smurf.  I bet that got a few looks, lol.  I can say he was strict enough for me to never consider sneaking out my easily accessible bay window as a teenager but generous enough to teach me about the joy of giving.  We are alot alike in that we are few on words, think over things too much at times, have a humorous wit and we are both genetically earmarked.  I love you, Dad.





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words, you are loved more than you know. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, you do have a great daddy! He is a jewel of a man, and I'm so glad to know him...but don't tell him I said so, he might get a big head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet pictures and what a sweet tribute to your dad. I was a Daddy's girl too, totally spoiled by him, and I loved every minute of it. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being a Daddy's girl! My brother did not always agree with that statement, but hey, he adjusted! After all, he was a Momma's boy, LOL!! My dad has been with Jesus for over 14 years now, and I still miss him terribly. God gave me 52 years with him and for that I am so thankful. Enjoy yours every day....he is a GREAT one! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete