Friday, May 4, 2012

Ready for the Weekend

Pinned Image

     Are you ready for the weekend?  When I worked, I just looked forward to some rest on the weekends.  Now, I look forward to it as a change of pace.  Maybe the chance to go out and do something different.  I always look forward to my friend that comes over on weekends, when she can.  I also have music lessons on Saturday mornings which is a joy to anticipate.  Of course, there is church on Sundays that can refuel me for the week ahead.
     A quote I love is  'Why is Monday so far from Friday, and Friday so near to Monday?'  You know the feeling.  The week when it drags on slower than a snail's pace and yet the weekend flies by faster than a F-14 plane.
     I hope you don't have to work this weekend and can do and enjoy the things you want to do.   HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

4 comments:

  1. You have a great weekend too Angie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. to heck with the weekend; I want the kitten!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I worked (outside the home), I LOVED and looked forward to my weekends. Now that I am retired, I enjoy every day to the fullest and sometimes even forget what day it is, LOL! I think I really appreciate that "This is the day the Lord has made...I will rejoice and be glad in it," more so than when I worked, ha! I did always love my job, but I really appreciated my time off. Still like the weekends, though, because that's when I can go garage sale-ing!! And Sundays I still get my worship and praise time and as you said, Angie....refueling for the week ahead. Hope your weekend has been a great one....love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I read this after the weekend was past= and it's monday morning. It's great though, and I hope your Monday is great!. Joel

    ReplyDelete