Sunday, May 6, 2012

Leap for Joy

Psalms - Leap for Joy!


     Frogs are in the air this weekend.  In Conway, Toad Suck Daze is kicking off the beginning of summer festivals here in Arkansas.  A relative's son won his preliminary round in the frog jumping contest yesterday when his frog crossed the finish line with two jumps.
     Do you remember playing leapfrog as a child?  We too can leap over obstacles in our lives with trusting God as our strength and shield.  I know my heart was leaping with joy yesterday when I was out yesterday for a good while without having to come home to cough.
     One way to give my thanks in song is by learning the new song, 'The Love of God,'  I got yesterday during my music lessons.  His love is measureless and pure.
     I'm going to toad-lly leave you with a hip-hoppin good day.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a god weekend!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a happy way to start my day! Yesterday was a little bit of a bummer with not being at church, but I "hopped" right to it and listened to sermons both morning and evening by Voddie Baucham. He "toad" me some things I needed to hear. Have a blessed day, my sweet Angie. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am persistent. I keep writing a comment and it keeps "jumping" away and I lose it all. Must have something to do with that frog! My memory is not that good, but here we go again. I toad-ally loved your post today. Sometimes those obstacles seem too tall to overcome, but with God's help we can leap over them. We need to stop croaking so much and start trusting more. We had a great ride with your parents yesterday. We went to Conway...not to Toad Suck Daze....but to a great little Custard Shake place to have an ice cream cone. Very good! Gave us energy to keep tackling those hurdles, don't you know? Then we rode out to your mom's homeplace and also saw the church where your mom and dad got married. It was a fun afternoon and some new territory for James and me. And James did pretty well with no lingering pain. It was almost dark when we got back, or I would have come in to say hi...next time. Thanks for giving me my leap for joy this morning....you are the BEST....love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Can't wait to hear your new song.

    ReplyDelete