Friday, April 27, 2012

Special

The church lady


     Yes, today was special.  I love days like this when friends come over just to visit.  We both made an effort to turn up the specialness notch a little bit today. I played two songs for them on my hammer dulcimer and one of her daughters played 'Ode to Joy' on the violin.  What a treat.  They enjoyed chocolate fondue with fruit, thanks to my parents setting it up.  We all had fun and enjoyed each others company.
     It doesn't take a lot of time or money to make someone's day a little different or special.  The rewarding feeling is priceless tho.  The best way to bring about happiness in your own life is to bring it to someone elses first.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that last sentence....so, so true. Reminds me of another saying..."Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." Sweet friends you have! When I come to hear you play, I want some of that chocolate fondue! Talk about a double treat! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is, I am really envious of those that were there. I'm so sorry I missed out on all the fun! And I can truly say that you and your folks are such precious host and hostesses that if everyone knew, they would all be crowding your doorway and we wouldn't be able to get in. So I'm not telling them! The kids brought up some chocolate strawberries. That was so sweet, and I want to hear your song before recital. So next time I come over it's my turn. I missed seeing you yesterday. You are dearly loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a message we all need to remember. Love ya! grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you most definitely bring about happiness to my life! I loved being the audience for your concert. And your dad is doing a great job of spoiling my girls just a little more on each visit. We love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete